WELL NOW… WHAT WOULD YOU CALL THIS?
Ginger biscuit and raspberry trifle? Raspberry Mess? Ginger nut and raspberry gloopy mess?
A Seriously delicious and ruinously good ginger and raspberry… thing?
I haven’t an answer, really. Just make it, present it and eat it!
• 150ml medium sweet sherry
• 2 x 300g packs of cream cheese
• 600ml double cream
• 50g icing sugar, sifted
• 2 x packs of ginger nut biscuits
• 2 x 200g punnets of raspberries
• Syrup from jar of stem ginger (optional)
1. put about a third of the sherry in a bowl with the cream cheese and beat with an electric whisk until it’s smooth.
2. Add the double cream and sugar and continue beating until softly whipped.
3. Using a pastry brush, coat each ginger biscuit with a small amount of the remaining sherry.
4. On a plate or, even better, a cake stand, form a base of biscuits and spread with a layer of cream then raspberries.
Repeat… biscuits, cream, fruit, until you have a voluptuous mound!
5. Cover with an upturned bowl and chill in the fridge for a minimum of 2 hours.
6. Just before serving, I mixed a few tablespoons of the syrup from a jar of stem ginger with a few raspberries and heated them up on the simmer plate, stirring with a wooden spoon. I then sieved the juice and, when it was cool, drizzled it over my creation. Yum!