LEMON CURD – HOMEMADE
there is nothing quite so delicious as homemade lemon curd – and it is so easy on and AGA!
100g (4oz) butter
225g (8oz) castor sugar
Place a really clean jam jar in the simmering oven of the AGA. Once it is hot remove from the oven and melt the butter in the jar and return to the simmering oven.
- Break the eggs into a bowl and beat them.
- In another bowl weigh out the sugar, add finely grated lemon rind and juice from the lemons.
- Once the butter has melted in the jar, add the lemon and sugar then sieve the beaten egg into the jar.
- Shake well.
- Place in the simmering oven. Check after an hour.
- To test, coat a wooden spoon in the mixture. Run another implement through it and if the mixture stays parted, it is ready.
- Cool and spread over hot buttered toast.