Broccoli and Stilton Soup
Broccoli and Stilton Soup – ideal for Christmas left overs!
Ingredients to make Broccoli and Stilton Soup
- 2 oz / 50g butter
- 2 large onions
- 1lb 5oz / 600 g broccoli, trimmed
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp sugar
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- 2 pts / 1.2 litres weak vegetable stock or chicken stock
- 3 tbsp double cream
- 5oz / 150g blue Stilton and crumbled
- To make the Broccoli and Stilton Soup, melt the butter and sauté the chopped onion in a large casserole or saucepan over a gentle heat.
- Add the chopped broccoli and the seasoning and nutmeg.
- Simmer for about 5 minutes with the lid on.
- Add the vegetable stock and simmer for a further 10 minutes.
- In addition, add the Stilton cheese and allow it to melt. This will give the soup its distinctive flavour. Pour into a blender and blend until smooth. Return to the pan, gently re-heat, and then stir in the cream.
DANGER – This soup is delicious!