- 12 half fat digestive biscuits
- 2 oz reduced fat spread (try Anchor spreadable)
- 300g reduced fat cottage Cheese
- 250g Quark (zero fat)
- 1 sachet gelatine (sets 1 pt)
- 2 lemons (grated rind and juice)
- 2 oz castor sugar
- 3 good tablespoons quality lemon curd
Crush the biscuits to crumbs with a rolling pin in a plastic bag
Melt the low fat spread in a pan left at the back of the Aga, and mix with the biscuit crumbs. Place in a 24cm sandwich tin with a removable base. Set in the fridge to chill.
Sprinkle the gelatine onto ½ cup hot water and stir until dissolved.
In a liquidiser, blend the cottage cheese and quark with the lemon juice and rind and lemon curd. Taste, and if you feel it needs to be slightly sweeter, add 2 oz caster sugar. Omit this if you are feeling virtuous.
Pour the gelatine into the cheese mixture and then pour onto the biscuit base. Leave in the fridge to set for about 4 hours. Decorate with sliced lemon or strawberries, dust with icing sugar and, feeling guilt free, enjoy.
24cm Cake Tin
AGA kMix Blender